Certificate course 0-3 and 3-6
Certificate course 0-3 and 3-6
Start: September 23, 2019
End: December 21, 2019
180h Course taught in English
This training programme includes the main theory of Montessori, as well as the importance of the emotional and relational elements, which are essential to reach excellence in daily educational practice. It sets an overview of the Montessori working areas, in which the Montessori philosophy and the practical work are perfectly integrated; thus ensuring the acquisition and understanding of all necessary tools to apply Montessori Education.
Montessori’s education is an educational proposal with deep scientific foundations and has gained wide international recognition for its innovative profile that helps children in their holistic development: mind, body and emotions. Being a scientific method, which is based on the systematic observation of the real nature of children, it is suited to the specific needs of each stage of development of the person. Dr Maria Montessori noted the importance of the first years of life and the need for providing a prepared environment for the child; a true “life support” as a revolutionary element of our society.
International Montessori Institute (IMI) provides the principles and the practice of the Montessori Education, including other complementary approaches such as Emmi Pikler’s movement theories or one’s explained by Elinor Goldschmied about the importance of the play. This is a unique and innovative program, fully online, to accomplish your professional goals without leaving home. New technologies allow you to enjoy this flexible format, whilst maintaining a high level of quality. At IMI, we want to propose an online learning program to contribute, with concrete proposals, in order to improve the quality of the education provided in spaces of early childhood, such as Kindergarten, Montessori Moms, families or any other facilitator.
Delivery of exercises
Class forums participation
International Montessori Institute (IMI) is a Montessori training centre with a primary purpose: to offer a classic and rigorous Montessori courses based on the main principles of Maria Montessori and adapted to the educational needs of nowadays.
IMI’s objective is to provide training firmly connected to the legacy of Maria Montessori, bringing together the best of Italian and the Anglo-Saxon tradition. For that reason, our trainers have been carefully selected by their diverse international experience, as well as private and public schools, in order to convey the richness of the Montessori method in different social fields.
This interesting combination of trainers makes IMI a unique meeting point in the world, which generates an inter-Montessori dialogue ensuring loyalty to the ideas and vision of Dr. Maria Montessori.
To offer all the theoretical tools and practices for the implementation of the Montessori method in 0-6 classrooms.
The art of living educational practice, placing the child in the centre of the learning and respecting their individual physical, intellectual and emotional development.
Provide a space for reflection on the scientific evidence-based educational practice.
- Live the everyday educational practice of harmony and satisfaction in everyday life.
- To learn the core theory of the Montessori Education and practical aspects.
- To find out about the inner functioning of the environment.
- To learn implementation strategies of the Montessori Method.
- To guarantee significant, stable, effective relationships between adult and child, taking care of the moments of individualized attention.
- To know how to create relationships of support, cooperation, trust and listening between the family and the professional community.
- Understand how the constant external and internal is the basis of the Montessori Education.
- Overview of Montessori working areas and the elaboration of materials.
- All the practice training will be carried out from home with the constant online monitoring of expert trainers of each area.
- We provide you with the necessary bibliography for the course.
- Historical Context: Maria’s Montessori timeline highlights and the spread and evolution of her work.
- Montessori’s philosophy: A solid theoretical base to implement a pedagogy which is focused on the development of children.
- Scientific method: All the theoretical elements developed by Dr Montessori.
- Role of the Montessori Assistant: the new role of the adult, the importance of the observation and the care of the relationships.
- Prepared Environment as an educational tool, its adequacy.
All modules of this course are focused on a practical perspective of comprehensive personal work, thus ensuring the acquisition and understanding of all necessary tools to apply the Montessori education from deep domain and understanding.
E-learning and IT Support
We will provide you with a username and a password to access the Campus where you find course content, classroom forums, private chat and videos. All this with support from our IT department.
The contents of each module will be opened as the course advances. 24 hours available.
Delivery of material
All literature necessary for the proper development of training will be provided.
Interactive video presentations with the faculty members where students can ask questions in real-time.
This course doesn’t include mandatory practices although we recommend you to do it, a minimum of 40 hours would be advisable. This could be a great opportunity for living the reality of Montessori classes and develop observation techniques.
RECOMMENDED APPLICANT PROFILES
RECOMMENDED APPLICANT PROFILES
Currently, around the world, there’s a wide demand
This program is designed for all those with an interest in early childhood from birth to age six, such as
Technicians in Early Childhood Education
Pshycologist, Speech Therapist, Pediatricians, Occupational Therapist, Neurologist
Mothers and fathers
in Special Needs Education
Students who pass the course will obtain the dual-degree of
Montessori Classroom Assistant
(0-3) and (3-6)
issued by International Montessori Institute
3 instalments €193
Tuition €375 05/09/2019
1st instalment 05/10/2019
3th instalment 05/12/2019
-€48,75 (5% Discount)
TOTAL : €851,25
*This modality of payment includes 1,1% nominal interest rates.
How can we help you?
If you'd like us to call you regarding this course, click the button below.
Office hours: 9:00-13:00 and 15:00-19:00
Download info in PDF
Fill the form in order to receive more information, and we will send you a PDF to your email account.