Montessori education is an educational proposal with deep scientific foundations and has gained wide international recognition for its innovative profile that helps children in their holistic development: mind, body, and emotions.
Being a scientific method, which is based on the systematic observation of the real nature of children, it is suited to the specific needs of each stage of development of the person.
Dr. Maria Montessori noted the importance of the first years of life and the need for providing a prepared environment for the child; a true “life support” as a revolutionary element of our society.
At IMI, we want to propose an online learning program to contribute, with concrete proposals, in order to improve the quality of the education provided in spaces of early childhood, such as Kindergarten, Montessori Moms, families or any other facilitator.
Students will learn the Pedagogical Principles that guide the Montessori Method. Upon successfully completing this module, students will be able to get a deep understanding of the child development from 0 to 3.
International Montessori Institute (IMI) provides the principles and the practice of the Montessori Education, including other complementary approaches such as Emmi Pikler’s movement theories or one’s explained by Elinor Goldschmied about the importance of the play.
International Montessori Institute (IMI) is a Montessori training centre with a primary purpose: to offer a classic and rigorous Montessori courses based on the main principles of Maria Montessori and adapted to the educational needs of nowadays.
IMI’s objective is to provide training firmly connected to the legacy of Maria Montessori, bringing together the best of Italian and the Anglo-Saxon tradition. For that reason, our trainers have been carefully selected by their diverse international experience, as well as private and public schools, in order to convey the richness of the Montessori method in different social fields.
This interesting combination of trainers makes IMI a unique meeting point in the world, which generates an inter-montessori dialogue ensuring loyalty to the ideas and vision of Dr. Maria Montessori
- Master the theoretical basis of Montessori education and its objectives.
- Achieve an overview of the child development (intrauterine life, birth and the first three years of life) focus on physical, psycho-emotional and educational aspects.
- Deeply understand the characteristics and functioning of the ideal prepared environment, which promotes children’s learning as an active experience following their personal rhythms.
- Master the implementation strategies of the Montessori method: know how to design a Montessori environment at home, school or any alternative prepared environment.
- Know how to evaluate each stage of development by offering specific activities that accompany every aspect of diversity and individual originality.
- Understand the theoretical background, logical sequence and relationship between the activities in all areas: Practical Life, Sensorial Material, Artistic and Musical expression, Language and Movement.
- Learn complementary educational theories of Pikler and Goldschmied, placing them in the context of Montessori Education.
- Accept the importance of emotional education and master the techniques necessary to promote it in a Montessori environment.
- Assume the importance of ensuring stable and significant emotional relationships between adult and child, caring moments of individual attention.
- Know to build support, cooperation and trusting relationships between the family and the professional community.
- Understand how constant external and internal observation is the basis of Montessori education and know how to use this ability to recognise the children’s needs.
- Know the brain’s learning potentialities and the neuroscientific bases that validate Montessori education.
- Class forums participation 10% 10%
- Delivery of exercises 40% 40%
- Exam 50% 50%
- Provide all of the theoretical and practical tools for the implementation of Montessori education in schools from 0-3 years of age (schools, families or other alternative education centres)
- Know how to experience educational practice, placing the child at the centre of learning and respecting their individual physical, intellectual and emotional needs.
- Provide an area of reflection on educational practice based on scientific evidence.
- Experience educational practice through day-to-day harmony and satisfaction.
- To offer all the theoretical tools and practices for the implementation of the Montessori method.
- Education in spaces for children of 0 to 3 years (schools, families or other alternative educational centres).
- The art of living educational practice, placing the child in the centre of the learning and respecting their individual physical, intellectual and emotional development.
- Provide a space for reflection on the scientific evidence-based educational practice.
- Live the everyday educational practice of harmony and satisfaction in everyday life.
All areas of Montessori practice are based on the practical application of deeply personal work, thus ensuring the acquisition and understanding of all tools necessary to apply Montessori education to life and classrooms.
- Albums: Personal work created at the end of each practical module and records knowledge acquired objectives, personal intentions and modes of presentation to the child. It is a dynamic tool and a summary of work, which will prove useful for the student’s future in the profession.
- E-learning and information technology support: Campus access to forums where students can ask questions, contact the trainers and find out about contents and Montessori modules which become available as the course progresses, access to videos and live or recorded videos, all this with support from our team of trainers and our IT department.
- Computer requirements: The student must have a good internet connection and basic computing ability.
- Delivery of material: all content necessary for the proper development of training will be provided.
The day the virtual workshop starts the student will receive an email with information from the official course calendar, a username and password allowing access to the virtual campus and a new personal email account.
RECOMMENDED APPLICANT PROFILES
Currently, around the world, there’s a wide demand of professionals with solid Montessori training to set up new projects. This is due to the demand of many families who are searching for a different and more respectful education for their children.
This program is designed for all those with an interest in early childhood from birth to age six, for example:
- Technicians in Early Childhood Education.
- Pre-school teachers.
- Infant educators.
- Educators in Special Needs Education.
- Montessori Mom.
- Mothers and fathers.
- Speech therapists.
- Homeschooling families.
- Grandparents, family and any other person interested in this stage of development.