1500h Course taught in Spanish
Start: November 4, 2019
End: October 31, 2021
Montessori education is an educational proposal with wide international recognition. Dr Montessori developed an educational method along the first half of a twentieth century based on the scientific observation of children: the four planes of development, their potential, their interest and their skills.
Current scientific research still validate this pedagogical method as a set of elements that help children in their holistic development: mind, body and emotions.
Montessori Method can be implemented as a whole or gradually introduced in traditional school environments, enriching the everyday educational practice. Any environment where children are present can be improved under this pedagogical view.
Students will learn the Pedagogical Principles that guide the Montessori Method. Upon successfully completing this module, students will be able to get a deep understanding of the child development from 6 to 12.
International Montessori Institute (IMI) provides the principles and the pedagogical practice of Montessori education and the current scientific evidences, to contribute with concrete proposals to improve the quality of the education.
International Montessori Institute (IMI) is a Montessori training centre with a primary purpose: to offer a classic and rigorous Montessori courses based on the main principles of Maria Montessori and adapted to the educational needs of nowadays.
IMI’s objective is to provide training firmly connected to the legacy of Maria Montessori, bringing together the best of Italian and the Anglo-Saxon tradition. For that reason, our trainers have been carefully selected by their diverse international experience, as well as private and public schools, in order to convey the richness of the Montessori method in different social fields.
This interesting combination of trainers makes IMI a unique meeting point in the world, which generates an inter-Montessori dialogue ensuring loyalty to the ideas and vision of Dr. Maria Montessori.
Upon completing this MA degree, students will be able to get a deep understanding of the child development from 6 to 12.
Students will know how to apply the Montessori Pedagogical Principles in a prepared environment (classroom).
- Learn strategies for implementation of the Montessori method.
- Get an interdisciplinary overview of curricular areas.
- Live the educational practice placing children as the center of the learning and sharing with them the pleasure for education.
- Provide a space for reflection about educational practice, based on latest scientific evidence
Know brain’s learning potentialities and neuroscientist bases that validated Montessori Education.
- Practice with Montessori materials understanding its objectives in depth.
- Develop a Prepared Environment suitable for this stage of age.
- Master the theoretical core of Montessori education and its objectives.
- To deeply understand Prepared Environment suitable for learning, its characteristics and functioning.
- Learn how to design a Montessori classroom or any alternative Prepared Environment.
- Get an interdisciplinary overview of all curricular areas (Practical Life, Sensorial Material, Language, Mathematics, History, Biology, Geography, Music and Art)
- Dominate their curriculum, subjects and the logical sequencing of all activities.
- Fluently manage Montessori Materials understanding their objectives in depth and master presentation techniques.
- Establish a learning classroom environment and help children to develop their executive functions.
- Develop the role of the Montessori teacher who sets children in relation with the
- Prepared Environment and help them to increase all their potentialities.
- To understand that the constant external and internal observation is the base of the Montessori Education.
- Assume the importance of emotional education and master those skills required to promote it.
- Know learning potentialities of the brain and neuroscientist bases that validate this pedagogical method.
A complete Montessori Theory, enrich with Didactic Education and Neuroscience, in which each subject is given by a professional Montessori Guide specialized in different areas of study.
- Historical Context.
- Philosophy I.
- Philosophy II.
- Didactic Educational.
- Adult-child relationship.
- Prepared Environment.
- Scientific evidence.
• All the information and the training needed to make a healthy Montessori classroom.
• All the teaching and practical training necessary to create a Montessori space and use it with children ages from 6 to 12.
- Cosmic Education.
- Observation technics.
- Artistic Expresion.
- Positive Discipline.
- Education and Peace.
- Review of the different curricular areas.
All the presentations of the different areas from the Montessori Curriculum
All modules of this course are focused on a practical perspective of comprehensive personal work, thus ensuring the acquisition and understanding of all necessary tools to apply the Montessori education from deep domain and understanding.
E-learning and IT Support
We will provide you with a username and a password to access the Campus where you find course content, classroom forums, private chat and videos. All this with support from our IT department.
Delivery of material
All literature necessary and Montessori Materials* for the proper development of training will be provided. *SIMIL, Montessori Materials made by cardboard and polystyrene.
Personal work created at the end of each practical module and records knowledge acquired objectives, personal intentions and modes of presentation to the child. It is a dynamic tool and a summary of work, which will prove useful for the student’s future in the profession.
Interactive video presentations with the faculty members where students can ask questions in real-time.
This course doesn’t include mandatory practices although we recommend you to do it, a minimum of 40 hours would be advisable. This could be a great opportunity for living the reality of Montessori classes and develop observation techniques.
Recommended applicant profiles
Currently, around the world, there’s a wide demand of professionals with solid Montessori training setting up new projects. This is due to the demand of many families who are searching for a different and more respectful education for their children. This course is designed for all those with an interest in Elementary I-II training from 6 to 12 years. The knowledge acquired is applicable for a wide range of professionals.
- Teachers in Elementary Education.
- Educators in Special Needs Education.
- Families and any other person interested in this stage of development.
The Montessori Method can be implemented as a whole completely or gradually introduced in traditional education environments, thereby enriching the daily educational practice.
Any environment where there is the presence of children is likely to be improved with this vision and practice of education.
Students who pass the course will obtain the Montessori Elementary level (6-12) “Workshop I-II” issued by International Montessori Institute.
24 instalments €226
Tuition €975 15/10/2019
1st instalment 05/11/2019
24th instalment 05/10/2021
12 instalments €422
Tuition €975 15/10/2019
1st instalment 05/11/2019
12th instalment 05/10/2020
-€297 (5% Discount)
TOTAL : €5,418
Start: November 4, 2019
End: October 30, 2021
Download info in PDF
Fill the form in order to receive more information, and we will send you a PDF to your email account.
Course taught in Spanish
How can we help you?
If you'd like us to call you regarding this course, click the button below.
Office hours: 9:00-13:00 and 15:00-19:00
WITHDRAWAL FROM THE COURSE.- The student has 14 days from the preinscription of the course to exercise their right of withdrawal from the course contracted, in accordance with that stipulated in Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007 of 16 November. To exercise the right of withdrawal the student shall make a request in writing to the International Montessori Institute (by email to email@example.com, by telephone to +34 93 102 97 80 or by letter to Passeig de Gracia 101 2ª-2ª 08008 Barcelona).