Somos un Instituto Internacional de Formación en Educación Montessori.
Master’s degree in Montessori Pedagogy for the Preschool stage, taught by the International Montessori Institute (IMI) in collaboration with the Universidad de Barcelona (UB).
Dr Maria Montessori brought forth through her method a pedagogical approach endorsed by the scientific community and worldwide recognised. The objective of this pedagogy is to educate human beings as unique people with training to act with freedom, intelligence and dignity.
Montessori education is a pedagogical approach of wide recognition at international level; Dr María Montessori developed during the first half of the twentieth century an educational method based on the scientific observation of children: their various stages of development throughout life, their potential, their interests and their capabilities.
Current scientific research continues to validate her educational method every day as a set of elements that help our children and students in their holistic development of mind, body and emotions.
This Master’s degree from a classical Montessorian perspective offers comprehensive training, providing an adequate scientific, philosophical and methodological basis. Training the student to work as a Montessori Guide in stages 0-3 and 3-6 years, with the aim of contributing, with a global pedagogical approach, to the quality of children education.
Master the strategies for implementing the Montessori method.
Obtain an interdisciplinary overview of all curricular areas.
Live the educational practice by positioning children in the centre and sharing with them the pleasure for learning.
Facilitate a space for critical reflection on educational practice, based on the latest scientific evidences.
Know the learning potential of the brain and the neuroscientific bases that validate Montessori Education.
Manipulate Montessori Materials, understanding their purpose and objectives in depth.
Develop a suitable environment prepared for this age stage.
• Master the theoretical basis of Montessori Education and its objectives.
• Deeply understand the characteristics and functioning of the prepared environment, suitable for learning.
• Master the implementation strategies of the Montessori Method: know how to design a Montessori classroom or any alternative prepared environment.
• Obtain an overview and interdisciplinary of all curricular areas (Practical, Sensory Life, Language, Mathematics, Music, Art and Cultural: Geography and Biology).
• Master the curriculum of each of the working areas and the logical sequencing of all activities.
• Fluently handle Montessori materials, deeply understanding their objectives and mastering presentation techniques.
• Know how to establish a classroom environment that encourages learning and helps students develop their executive functions.
• Develop the role of the Montessori teacher that puts students in relation to the prepared environment and helps them to increase all their potential.
• Understand how observation is at the base of Montessori Education.
• Assume the importance of emotional education and master the necessary techniques to promote it.
• Know the learning potential of the brain and the neuroscientific bases that validate Montessori Education.
This master’s degree offers a solid theoretical basis to implement a pedagogy focused on the development of children. The complete Montessori theory enriched with contents of Educational Didactics and Neuroscience. Each module is offered by trainers / is specialized in the various areas of study.
Theoretical phase modules:
This phase includes all the presentations of Montessori materials and activities offered by trainers and teachers in each Montessori area, as well as the gradual elaboration of each student’s personal albums in permanent dialogue with the teachers.
Modules of the practical phase:
It also includes “S-IMI-L” material for the practical phase.
In IMI we are known for being a training centre based on the quality and rigour of all our formations, considering the reputation and international prestige that all the degrees granted by our institution have, making up the value of the certification that is attained.
From the centre, we offer our students a wide range of services, which aim to provide the necessary tools and content, to achieve the desired success.
We are aware of the effort and time you are going to devote to this Master’s degree and the strategic importance of obtaining this for your professional development, which we certainly hope you can get at the end of the programme.
In order to do this, after years of work and effort, in collaboration with the European Design Institute we have created S-IMI-L. This material is based on the original Montessori materials and converts them into a material with the same characteristics, proportions and measures as the original. Manufactured among other rigid cardboard, polystyrene and other materials, in order to be easily manipulated and to send them to our students, so they can work with them at home.
At International Montessori Institute (IMI) we have a clear objective: to offer a classic and rigorous Montessori training based on the original sources of Dr Maria Montessori and adapting to current educational needs.
Our faculty is made up of a team of more than fifty professionals who have been carefully selected for their great training and extensive international experience, with the aim of transmitting to our students all the wealth of the Montessori Method in different social fields. Teachers and trainers distributed in three continents, expert educators, with an extraordinary aptitude for teaching. As well as our advice and consulting team, which work to make IMI a Montessori pedagogy training centre of worldwide reference.
Once the course is finished, students who successfully complete the training will obtain:
Degree with international recognition and validity.
To book your place you must register for the training by following these 2 steps:
Step 1: Choose a payment option
1. Single payment: book your place using the single payment option (see option A in payment methods) and receive a discount.
2. Fractionated payment: book your place by making an initial payment of 249€. You can pay the outstanding amount in installments according to your needs after making the payment for the registration fee (see options B, C and D in payment methods).
Step 2: Make the payment
* The cost of sending the material and sending the certificate, national or international, is assumed by IMI, the students will receive the necessary material for the development of the training about fifteen days before the training course starts.
Subscribe and get all the info about the course!